In its January 28, 2015, decision in Complainant v. Department of the Air Force, EEOC Appeal No. 0120142407, the EEOC’s Office of Federal Operations (OFO) overturned the Air Force’s dismissal of an EEO complaint, remanding it for investigation. The Complainant was a contract employee, but based on & ‘s argument, OFO found that the Complainant was a ‘joint employee’ of the Air Force entitled to file complaints in the federal-sector EEO complaints process. OFO also found that Complainant had properly stated claims for harassment, reassignments and constructive discharge. OFO also rejected the Air Force’s claim that Complainant’s EEO complaint was untimely, relying on written documentation issued by the Air Force’s EEO office which showed the EEO office improperly turning the Complainant away 3 years earlier when the Complainant attempted to initiate an EEO complaint at that time. OFO ordered the Air Force to accept the complaint and promptly conduct an investigation. The Complainant was represented by P&K Founding Principal Joseph V. and P&K Senior Associate Andrew J. Perlmutter.
PROTECTING WORKERS’ RIGHTS
Focusing on the Rights of Federal Employees
- What protects government whistleblowers from retaliation?
- Would you recognize age discrimination that is directed at you?
- What does lactation discrimination look like for a new mother?
- Can your employer fire you for changing your gender?
- Does your office fit the legal definition of a hostile work environment?
- Blog (10)
- Classification And Pay Issues (1)
- Developments At OGE (1)
- Developments At OPM (10)
- Developments At The EEOC (10)
- Developments At The GAO (3)
- Developments At The MSPB (12)
- Developments At The OSC (10)
- Discrimination (14)
- News From Congress (10)
- News From Passman & Kaplan (19)
- News From The Courts (10)
- News From The Federal Circuit (10)
- News From The Supreme Court (10)
- News From The Whitehouse (10)
- News On Security Clearances (7)
- Retaliation (2)
- Retirement Issues (2)
- Sexual Harassment (2)
- Uncategorized (263)
- Whistleblower Protection (6)