& recently obtained relief for an employee under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA). In MSPB Docket No. CH-3330-14-0445-I-1, the employee (a preference eligible veteran) was not selected for a GS-13 position. After filing an appeal at the MSPB, & successfully settled the case. Under the settlement agreement, the employee will receive the GS-13 promotion position, and reimbursement of attorneys’ fees and costs. Our client was represented by & Founding Principal Joseph V. and & Senior Associate Andrew J. Perlmutter.
PROTECTING WORKERS’ RIGHTS
Focusing on the Rights of Federal Employees
- What protects government whistleblowers from retaliation?
- Would you recognize age discrimination that is directed at you?
- What does lactation discrimination look like for a new mother?
- Can your employer fire you for changing your gender?
- Does your office fit the legal definition of a hostile work environment?
- Blog (10)
- Classification And Pay Issues (1)
- Developments At OGE (1)
- Developments At OPM (10)
- Developments At The EEOC (10)
- Developments At The GAO (3)
- Developments At The MSPB (12)
- Developments At The OSC (10)
- Discrimination (14)
- News From Congress (10)
- News From Passman & Kaplan (19)
- News From The Courts (10)
- News From The Federal Circuit (10)
- News From The Supreme Court (10)
- News From The Whitehouse (10)
- News On Security Clearances (7)
- Retaliation (2)
- Retirement Issues (2)
- Sexual Harassment (2)
- Uncategorized (263)
- Whistleblower Protection (6)