Private Sector Employment Issues
Employment Law Attorneys | Washington, D.C., Maryland & Virginia
While much of our practice is devoted to representing government employees in employment law cases, our knowledge, experience, and insight translates well to the needs of private sector employees. Passman & Kaplan, P.C., Attorneys at Law, is a D.C. area law firm focused primarily on representing employees in labor and employment law cases, and we have developed a strong nationwide reputation.
If you are an employee working in Washington, D.C., or Maryland, contact P&K to schedule a consultation with a member of our team.
Representing Employees of All Job Classes in Employment Law Cases
Our lawyers provide aggressive advocacy and personal support to private sector employees at every organizational level. Whether you have uncovered illegal activity at your company or have left a job and were not informed of the benefits available to you through COBRA, we can help you navigate through often difficult employment law procedures. We are knowledgeable and effective advocates in a wide range of job-related legal issues:
- Discrimination claims based on race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status
- Sexual harassment claims
- Violations of the FMLA and disability discrimination, including failure to accommodate
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Obtaining, retaining, or reinstating federal security clearances
- Employee benefits, including ERISA and COBRA rights, and in preparing QDROs
Our lawyers are knowledgeable about and dedicated to workplace issues that affect workers. Let our team assist you with issues including:
- Breach of employment contracts
- Review of covenants not to compete
- Unlawful or wrongful termination
- Severance agreements
- Employment law issues for District of Columbia and federal civil service workers
To take advantage of our experience, knowledge and personal care, contact us by-e-mail or call 202-789-0100. Nearby clients in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia often choose to come to our office for clients for an in-person consultation, and we offer a long-distance consultation for federal employees nationwide and abroad.