Erik David Snyder
Erik D. Snyder joined Passman & Kaplan P.C. as an associate in 2015. Mr. Snyder graduated with honors from the American University Washington College of Law in 2008. From 2008 until 2012, Mr. Snyder worked as a Staff Attorney and Legal Fellow at the National Whistleblowers Center, where he represented plaintiffs in qui tam cases under the False Claims Act, as well as in discrimination and other employment disputes. Mr. Snyder continued his qui tam and employment practice as a solo practitioner from 2012 until he joined the firm 2015.
While in law school, Mr. Snyder was a founding member of the Washington College of Law Poverty Law Society, which worked to raise awareness of poverty issues in the District of Columbia. His internship experience includes six months at the District of Columbia Superior Court in the chambers of Hon. Stephanie Duncan-Peters (ret.), and 18 months as a law clerk at the National Whistleblowers Center.
Prior to attending law school, in 2005, Mr. Snyder spent six months teaching secondary school mathematics and volunteering at Selian Lutheran Hospital in Ngaramtoni, Tanzania. From 2002 to 2004, Mr. Snyder worked as an electrical engineer at Beta Integrated Concepts.
In 2002, Mr. Snyder graduated from Kalamazoo College with honors in mathematics and physics.
Mr. Snyder is a member of the bars of the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Areas of Practice
- 95% Employment Law
- 5% Whistleblower/Qui Tam
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Maryland, 2008
- District of Columbia, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2014
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. cum laude - 2008
- Kalamazoo College
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: Mathematics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association, 2012 - 2015
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Erik D. Snyder, Managing Attorney, 2012 - 2015
- National Whistleblowers Center, Staff Attorney/Legal Fellow, 2008 - 2012